My New Favourite High Street Foundation! - Maybelline Matte & Poreless Review

Hi!

I have dry skin. Very dry skin. But I absolutely love matte foundation. So finding a foundation that makes my skin beautifully matte and not looking & feeling like the Sahara desert is kind of hard. I've tried Rimmel's Stay Matte foundation, Max Factor's Whipped Crème foundation, and so on, but they've never had the right texture. But recently found Maybelline's Matte & Poreless foundation, and I love it!



I have the shade '115 Ivory', and it only costs £6.99.

Packaging

On the whole, I do not like the packaging that this product has. It's in a squeezy tube which is really hard to get all of the product out, and when you get to the end you have to snip the top off to get it all out. This process normally ends up in a huge mess. I much prefer a tube with a pump. However, that being said, some of the shades do actually come in a glass bottle. I don't know why. But the black design with the pale turquoise accent colour is really quite good looking.


First Impressions

For a matte foundation, it has a very liquidy consistency, which I much prefer. Thicker ones are much harder to blend, but this one blends so seamlessly. I use my Beauty Blender, and the finish is flawless, but I do think with the consistency that it is, then it may look a little streaky with a brush. Initially, it is not that matte, but once it sets into the skin, it is fairly matte, but I do still use a powder so my makeup does stay all day. If you have oily skin, a small amount of oil may shine through the foundation half the way through the day. Even though I have dry skin overall, but I do have a slight oiliness on my chin, nose, and forehead, and this occasionally does come through, but nothing a bit of powder or blotting paper can't fix.  



How long does it last?


This foundation does last an impressively long time on my skin, but obviously when used in conjunction with a good primer and setting powder. By the end of the day some of the natural redness of my face has come through the product, but overall it still has full enough coverage.



Overall, this foundation is a brilliant choice from the high street! Especially if you have oily skin, but even if you do have dry skin, it can work. The lasting power and blend ability really contribute to this being a fantastic product. Even though the packaging could be better, I still love it.


Pros of this foundation;
- Large selection of shades
- Affordable
- Easy to blend
- Is actually matte!

Cons;

- The tube isn't great for this product, but some shades do come in a glass bottle

Thank you for reading, please leave a comment and follow my blog!
Charlie
-x-

This product costs £6.99 for 30ml, and can be purchased from Boots and Superdrug

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rimmel Kate Moss Sculpting Palette - review

Rimmel Brow This Way Highlighting Pencil - Review

Olay Double Action Day Cream & Primer - review